How to Create a Playlist Using Winamp
If you use Winamp to playback your music files, then you can make your life so much easier by creating playlists. By organizing your music library into playlists, you can playback your compilations without the need to manually queue them up every time you run Winamp. You can also make music compilations to suite different musical moods and then burn them to CD, or transfer to MP3/media player.
Time Required: 5 Minutes
- Click on the Media Library tab if it isn't already selected (situated underneath the player controls on the left side of the screen).
In the left pane, right-click on Playlists and select New Playlists from the pop-up menu that appears. Type in a name for your playlist and then click OK, or press the [Return] key.
- Double-click Local Media in the left pane if not already expanded and click on Audio to see your music library contents. If you haven't added any media to your Winamp library yet, then click on the File tab at the top of the screen and select Add Media to Library. To add files to your new playlist, you can either drag and drop entire albums, or single files.
- Once you are happy with your playlist, you can start to use it straight away by selecting it and clicking on the Play button of Winamp's player controls. You can also save the playlist to a folder on your hard drive by clicking on the File tab at the top of the screen and selecting Save Playlist.
- Nullsoft Winamp software
- Digital music files
Latest news and post
- Creating a Media Library in VLC Player
- What Is the Best Audio Format for My Portable Device?
- What Is Offline Mode in a Streaming Music Service?
- How to Create a Playlist Using Winamp